As the higher education membership association for South West England, we represent a strong
partnership of universities working together to influence and shape opportunity in a creative and
Universities South West will be closing on the 1 October 2015.
Following a review of the organisation, its’ work will now be taken forward by member universities. Collaboration initiatives will continue in a range of areas and opportunities to develop new joint-projects will be progressed by individual universities working together locally.
At this time we wish to celebrate the 16 years of Universities South West (1999-2015):
- A multiple award-winning organisation that has delivered projects worth over £67million
- Work with business, culture, education, social purpose and health organisations
- Support for young people by providing hundreds of volunteers and raising aspirations
- Enhancing employability, graduate retention and creating graduate jobs
- Work with thousands of businesses helping them to innovate
- Delivering the future workforce, especially in Low Carbon business and Health, through Higher skills development
- Employing 43 staff over the years – including 9 graduate/student interns
- Producing a legacy now embedded in our members day-to-day operations
A message from the chair, Professor Anne Carlisle, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, Falmouth University:
“Universities South West has been instrumental in developing and delivering joint initiatives across the region’s universities and their partners over its’ 16 years. It leaves us with an on-going legacy embedded in our day-to-day work enabling local collaboration to continue between Universities into the future.”
“We thank you for working with Universities South West.”